Thursday, March 3, 2016

Heartworm Preventative



Alright folks! I’m going to keep this weeks blog short and sweet! I have too much lounging around to do! Since New England decided to jump right into warmer spring like weather, I thought I would start sharing information on heartworm, flea and tick prevention. This week I’ll discuss Interceptor Plus.
                Interceptor Plus is a monthly heartworm preventative for your dog that also includes broad spectrum parasite protection! Talk about all in one prevention! To sweeten the deal even more… it comes in a yummy chicken flavored chewable tablet. All you humans have to do is remember to give this to your furry friend once Every month. So what exactly does this protect your fur kid from?
*        Heartworm
*        Hookworm
*        Roundworm
*        Whipworm
*        Tapeworm
You’re probably thinking, my dog will never get any of those worms… we stay at home… we don’t see many other dogs… my dog never gets into anything… Well! Let me tell you, it is easier than you may think.
                For example, hookworms, roundworms and whipworms are transmitted by ingesting infected soil, water and/or fecal matter. So, if an animal that has one of these parasites defecates in an area you take your pet (near water, open field, woods etc.) your dog is at risk. I bet some of your dogs also find poop to be quite appetizing… Yup, big trouble! That yummy poopsicle your dog got ahold of could mean WORMS!! Disgusting! Tapeworms hang out with small rodents, birds and fleas and nasty heartworms hang out with mosquitoes. Needless to say, there are several factors in everyday living that increase your dogs’ risk.
                Just think… one monthly chew can help protect your dog from getting any of these nasty worms! I think that is totally worth it! Stop by the clinic to stock up and keep your pet protected year round! My girls and our doctors are here if you have any questions.

           Sleep is calling my name, time to go! Chat next week!
                               -Murphy Cat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment