Thursday, January 28, 2016

Behind the Scenes at SAH



Hello! Murphy, the movie star here!

Yup, that’s right, I’m in a movie! Ok well, maybe not the type of movie ya’ll are thinking of… it is actually a video tour of SAH! Oh man did I have fun! My girls at the office have been putting this video together. We thought it would be a great idea for our clients to see the whole hospital and know where their pets are being cared for. Personally, I love it here. The layout and all just works! Everything is nice and clean and open, you can be involved in everything that is going on. Since I am so passionate about SAH, they let me help with the tour! We all know I don’t work for free so, I was compensated with some cookies! You will see me flying through all the areas of the clinic hunting wild treats.

We started with our welcoming reception area where everyone, human and pet, is greeted with a smile (and a head butt from me)! While waiting, pets can snack on a few treats and their humans can sip on a warm cup of coffee or tea. Kids even have an area to play doctor and read. I then zip through an exam room to the treatment area.

The treatment area is where most of the magic happens! Pets get their vaccines, blood drawn, nails trimmed and prepped for surgery. We have comfy mats everyone can sit on while being treated and a large cookie jar of course! This is also where the kennels are located so the technicians are able to monitor patients throughout the day.
 
Adjacent to the treatment area we have our radiology suite and surgery suite. The radiology suite is equipped with a digital x-ray processor so films can be viewed and shared with pet parents in the matter of seconds! Our modern surgery suite consists of sophisticated equipment to help monitor and keep all of our patients safe!
 
I then round the corner at warp speed and enter the pharmacy and laboratory area. This is where medications are stored and in house laboratory tests are performed. Our pharmacy stocks most of the medications needed by our patients, allowing the convenience of having prescriptions filled and in hand when you leave the office. The laboratory is equipped with microscopes, centrifuges, in house microbiology capability and other equipment needed for routine tests. 

My favorite place to hang is of course the reception area! I love greeting all humans and pets as they walk in the door. I’m even very helpful at check out when processing credit cards! We all work very hard to make SAH feel like a second home and that every room is clean, organized and welcoming so everyone feels comfortable and safe!

Be sure to follow us on Facebook and look for the upcoming video!

Until next time,


            -Murphy Cat
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment