Friday, December 11, 2015

Typical Monday

Hello all, Murphy here!

Most of you have met me already and even shared a few head-butts here and there at the office! But, if you haven’t met me, I’m the handsome, trim, loveable kitty that runs the office at SAH. I’m the one that gives you a warm greeting as you enter the clinic. Meow! Any who, I thought it would be fun to share some of my daily experiences with you. Ya’ know, SAH through cats’ eyes… Pretty interesting let me tell you!

Well, I started my day like I typically do with some exercise. Took a few laps around the clinic, quick as lightning! Sprinting back and forth between exam rooms, over, under, around the waiting room chairs, up and over the front desk. Felt like I was soaring through space! All that soaring sure did make me hungry, breakfast time (my favorite)! Speaking of food, did you know that I used to be very unhealthy and overweight? You don’t believe it do ya? Yup, it’s the truth! I weighed in at a whopping 18lbs! I felt so tired and cranky, all I ever did was eat and sleep, sleep and eat. I bet some of you remember me being not so nice. Did you know, according to AAHA, up to 59% of cats and dogs are overweight?! Crazy right, Meow! Luckily, Dr. Ellis put me on the right track to a heathy weight and a healthy life! ... I’ll come back to this later...

After my breakfast, it was time to supervise! Today is Monday (ugh, no one likes Mondays!) and Dr. Ellis and the staff (my girlfriends) are in and out of appointments all day long. Today, I got to meet a few dogs; one was even wearing a great Santa coat! We also had an adorable, tiny, fluffy puppy come in for his first visit! When I say tiny, I mean tiny, I could squish him if I sat on him! I only got to see ONE cat today, only ONE! Come on cat lovers, you can do better than that! We had a few here for vaccines, a follow up on dry skin issues and TWO new clients. Yahoo! Welcome to the SAH family (they will love it here I’m sure of it). Everyone left with a smile on their face and a clean bill of health.  

The office began to quiet down, phone ringing less, no more clients to get wonderful pats from. My supervising job complete for today. Phew! I’m ready for a nap! I ended my day with a quick bath and of course a few more snacks. It was another good day here at the Sunderland Animal Hospital.

Until next time!
     Murphy Cat
 


No comments:

Post a Comment