Thursday, December 17, 2015

Murphy's Diet


Hello Again!
Another week gone, this year is just flying by!

Well, last week I had mentioned the whole, me being overweight issue, and wanted to give ya’ll some more information. I hope I can help out my other kitty friends who may be struggling with the same problem. Don’t worry guys; I’m here for moral support!
So, let me take you on my weight loss journey. It all started with my pal Dr. Ellis. I was due for my annual exam so we checked some blood work (not as scary as it sounds, promise!), took my vitals, weight (boo), and did an overall exam. Glad to report, all looked good, well except my weight of course. Now, no one ever wants to hear that dreaded word DIET but, that was exactly what came out of Dr. Ellis’ mouth! My kitty claws were ready to strike! Until… He started to explain why…

*        Depression
*        Stress on the heart
*        Respiratory Problems
*        Skin Conditions
*        Diabetes
*        Liver Disease
*        Arthritis
*        Shortened lifespan! Come on now, I need to live FOREVER!

Meow! That list is just too long, time to listen to the doctor and get my life back on track! First, diet change, I was pleased with this because they FINALLY figured out that I’m a carnivore! My current diet did not support this, Young Again Zero Carb Cat food however, does!  Yup, everyone needs to try this, delish! Even better, my food bowl is never, I mean, never empty. I don’t binge eat because I know my food is not going to disappear and my body is able to regulate better when I graze (typical carnivore behavior that Young Again understands). Ya’know, us domestic cats are spitting images of lions and tigers! Our natural diet would consist of meat and fat. The Young Again diet reflects this. It is high in protein, has less than 1% starch and avoids plant proteins that we don’t need. That’s not the only good thing…

*        Tastes AMAZING!
*        Contains Enzymes and Probiotics (my tummy feels great!)
*        I have more energy
*        I’m Friendlier (a lot of you agree with this)
*        My fur is silky smooth
*        It helps me build muscle

Now tell me, who wouldn’t want to eat this!? Call the office and speak to one of my girls or Dr. Ellis if you want more information on the diet.

Now that my diet has been changed, the next step is to wait… Weight loss is a long process and one must be patient. I also have become more active, the girls play with me all the time and I love chasing my cat nip pillow down the hallway! Being active is a very important piece to this puzzle as well. 

Now to recap, what does one need to do to take charge of their weight loss…

1.       Schedule an exam with your veterinarian
2.       Run some blood work to make sure your body is functioning properly
3.       Get together a game plan with your doctor
               a.       Diet change
               b.      Exercise schedule
               c.       Any additional changes that may be needed…
4.       Wait… and wait… for results!

There ya have it! On the road for success! Take it from me; it is well worth the work. I’m here if you need me, along with the lovely girls at the Sunderland Animal Hospital and Dr. Ellis.
 
Murphy Cat 

No comments:

Post a Comment